We have exciting news….the 2019 Macpac Motatapu DATES have been set.
Yes that's right DATES, meaning multiple days. In 2019 the event will be split across Saturday and Sunday to allow for a better experience for both runners and riders.
The 2019 dates are Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 March 2019.
Here's a snap shot of what the weekend will look like. You can view the full event schedule here.
SATURDAY 9 MARCH
6:00AM - ULTRA RUN START
8:00AM - XTERRA TRIATHLON START
9:00AM - 10:30AM - SKODA MTB START
11:30AM - EBIKE START
SUNDAY 10 MARCH
7:30AM - OFF ROAD MARATHON START
9:00AM - MINERS TRAIL START
9:30AM - SAWPIT TRAIL START
This is an exciting change, but here's why it's a great one for you...
1) MTBers will have the valley to themselves, meaning more space on course.
2) Marathon runners will now enjoy a much better start time of 7.30am.
3) Registration will be quicker for everyone as it's split over two days.
4) You can ride on Saturday and run on Sunday if you want too!
5) You can support your significant other and they can support you.
6) You've got an excuse to stay in the beautiful Queenstown Lakes District longer.
Entries for 2019 open on Monday 30 April at 11am, so be sure to mark that date in your diary.