It is completely up to you how much time and energy you devote towards preparing for the Motatapu but like most things, the more you prepare, the more you’ll enjoy it!
Our training programs are provided by TeamCP – a specialist endurance sports coaching company.
Wanting to get a tailored training plan? Team CP now have specific Motatapu training plans which can be built around your week and to help you achieve your goal. There are specific training memberships for each event and you can find out more here.
Just want to make it to the finish line in one piece? You can download one of our 10-week free training plans.
Please note the Ultra Run is for experienced trail runners and a personalised training plan would be more suitable for this event, contact Team CP for more details.
PURE Nutrition Tips
Nutrition is a key aspect of a successful race day, here are some tips to help you plan for the ultimate race day experience.
- Aim for approx. 60-90g of carbohydrates per hour.
- Start early and spread intake out evenly over each hour.
- If your carbohydrate aim is over 60g per hour ensure that your carbs come from different sources (so your body is able to absorb the high amount required) i.e. PURE Electrolyte Hydration + Em’s Power Cookies and energy gels or PURE Race Fuel
- Aim for approx. 750-1000ml+ per hour
- PURE Electrolyte Hydration will be available on course to hydrate, replace electrolytes to help prevent cramp and help supply carbohydrates to fuel muscles.
- Start drinking early and small amounts frequently (set a watch alarm and practice this in training).
- Different weather conditions mean different requirements so be prepared to carry more hydration than required, especially if it is hot. Don’t forget that even in cool conditions hydration is important.
Nutrition Plan Links:Race Day Nutrition Long Run Nutrition Plan How to Select Fuel
Final Race Information!
The day is nearly here!
Check out your final pre-event athlete newsletter for 2024!
Bonus Entry Week!
We are extending the entry deadline to Thursday 29th Feb at 11:59pm! This is for every event except the Ultra run. If you are on the fence, there is still time to join us for a wonderful day at the 2024 Motatapu on 2nd March!
Make sure you know all of the important information needed to make it an epic day out on the course!
Check out your athlete newsletter here to view.